-->

'I'm sorry for the lives I have taken': Boston bomber apologises before he is sentenced to death

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been sentenced to death for his despicable and cowardly crime.

The 21-year-old was sentenced to death by lethal injection by U.S. District Judge George O'Toole.

Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apologised for his crime before he was sentenced to death
Judge O'Toole said: "Whenever your name is mentioned what will be remembered is the evil you have done.

"What will be remembered is that you murdered and maimed innocent people, you did it intentionally."

He then asked Tsarnaev to stand.

His next words were:"I sentence you to death by execution.

Just before his sentence, the killer told the Federal Court in Boston that he was sorry for his crime and the misery he inflicted upon innocent people.

He said: "I would like to begin in the name of Allah.

"I ask forgiveness of Allah and to his creation

"I would like to thank the jury, the court. I would like to now apologise to the victims, to the survivors"

"Immediately after the bombing which I am guilty of...I learned their faces, their names.

"I am sorry for the lives that I've taken, the suffering that I've caused and the damage that I've done, irreparable damage"

"I pray to Allah to put his mercy upon the deceased, the injured.

"I ask Allah to have mercy upon me, my brother, my family."

NECN reporter Alysha Palumbo tweeted: "The courtroom was completely silent as Tsarnaev spoke quietly. Some survivors are now wiping away tears."

(Daily Mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment