-->

Mo Farah determined to clear name after drug allegations

Mo Farah says drug cheat claims are "killing him" and has urged his coach Alberto Salazar to swiftly disprove allegations in an exclusive interview with SSNHQ.

Allegations were made against Salazar in a BBC Panorama programme made in collaboration with US journalism organisation ProPublica, notably that he was involved in doping top US distance runner Galen Rupp, a training partner of Farah’s, in 2002 at the Nike Oregon Project in Oregon.

There is no suggestion Farah has broken any rules, but the media storm has plagued the double Olympic champion, forcing his withdrawal from the Diamond League in Birmingham three weeks ago.

Farah says he will continue to stick by his coach but insisted he would leave if there was any truth in the allegations.

"If more people come out and it’s proven that he’s crossed the line then I’ll be the first person to come out," Farah told Jim White on Sky Sports News HQ.

"I work every day and every year I spend seven months away from my family. I miss my kids’ birthdays and those are times I will never be able to go back on and share with them. That kills me.

"To be labelled a cheat – it’s not fair. If I’m a cheat then prove I’m a cheat or just leave me alone and let me do what I do best.

"That’s to run and represent my country and make my country proud. There were 75,000 people at the London (Olympics) cheering me on and shouting my name. I will never let them down but people need to know the truth."

Farah is hoping to compete in the 5,000m at the Diamond League meeting in Lausanne on July 9, and he is also due to run in Monaco on July 17.

(Skysports)

No comments:

Post a Comment