-->

POEM: Dare to be different

Dare to be different

Is life not but a game of choice?
You choose whether or not to play by its rules
The path in which you follow is yours to decide,
The outcome in the end is yours to suffer or enjoy.

How strong is my faith?
How strong is the confidence I have in myself?
The answer is that which influences my actions
In which the compensation might make or break me.

In this game, what strategy shall I play by?
Cowardice dares not draw me back,
The fear of failing will not discourage my intentions
And greed will not damage me.

For I want not to end up like the foolish hunter,
Who possesses a bird at hand in the forest,
But out of dissatisfaction tries to get a handful
But loses all and has nothing to prove his hunting expedition,
Therefore I must play by own rule of choice.

I have unique abilities,
But totally look down on my capabilities
How ironic, that after all,
 I still expect a rewarding outcome from myself.

Knowing the tricky nature of this game,
I shall play by 2 principles;
I shall adapt and improvise, so as to overcome.
Therefore see from a different vision.

In the end, my wins conquered the losses,
Victory found its way to my door.
The light in me outshined the darkness I see.
I chose to stand out like the stars.
For I “dared to be different”
                                                                                
Poem by: Adeyemi Adeyinka ..7ee87d84

Twitter:@d_chaotic

No comments:

Post a Comment