-->

POEM: Love’s convict

Words are more than just mere expressions through the combination of alphabets, however poetry is the usage of words in expressing one's inner most emotions.. this for any and everyone who believes in 'Love'.
Love’s convict    
Love…….. 
A mistress of tricks and deceit 
Silent but mysterious in her ways. 

Never did I think I would fall a victim
Captivity is that which finds me in the end
A slave in the realm of infatuation  
Trapped in a world of fantasy.

Who am I to question your authority?
For mine is like the ocean,
I travel without a map or an atlas,
Who am I to go against the path you lead?

Whatever you do,
Please consider this heart of mine,
For it is as fragile as glass, Tender as wool,
And innocent as the offspring of a bitch.

In your prison,
I am  blind,
Dumb,
And have no means to break away.

In the outside,
I may seem as hard as iron,
As intimidating as a lion,
But I’m gentle as the sea inside

Though I might be your prisoner,
Our story is like a knight and his sword,
He possesses the power to manipulate her,
But they are still a union, he never leaves her.

Bonded by her shackles,
 Where I live by her rules,
 Put to work without tools,
Dream at night and  see nothing but her sparkles.

Tell my creator to come to my aid another day
For I promise to live no more the day I am set free,
For what use is a life without life?
All I see vanity and emptiness in d arms of  sorrow.

So……………..
I might be a prisoner,
But I’ll forever be happy,
As long as I’m locked in her cell.
   
 Poem by: Adeyemi Adeyinka.. 7ee87d84                                                                                                                                          
 Twitter:@d_chaotic

No comments:

Post a Comment