-->

POEM: Slave Of The Sea

Slave of the Sea 

Feels like I’m lost in the deepest part of the sea,
To me, there’s no difference in whichever direction I take,
I could go left, right, forward or backward,
But whichever direction I choose, I’m still not guaranteed home,
So I rather remain at the center
Which way to go? Becomes a rhetorical question to my ears

I’m bound underneath the earth’s surface, the deepest part,
Where I’ve been deserted  and left alone to defend myself…

Living a life of desertion, where I stand alone, but with the company of the sea creatures …. Where hospitality is out my thoughts..

How does it feel dinning with sharks? ..
My life is endangered, for I know not when my helpers shall betray me.

I have to float all my life,  and swim to survive.

Living that life, where panic is never far from my heart,
I’m a total stranger even to myself.
I have lost my voice while crying out for help,
But it was to no avail, I guess I guess I’m trapped in this dungeon.

A prisoner to the dungeon dragon I remain, until my voice is heard.

All but one is my enemy…

Water, she has kept me alive through this journey of no end.
She never for betrayed me, heaven sent she is.

After all I won’t say my creator hates me,
Though I suffer this consistent pain, know that with life comes purpose
I might be trapped by water, lucky enough It hasn’t drowned me.

For where there is life there is hope, so I dream of a new day to come.

Darkness and light have been my constant visitors, they never forgot me.

One keeps me warm the other helps put my eyes to sleep.

Alas I belong to the blood line of the one who dwelled in the lion’s den,
Whose blood the kings of the jungle weren’t able to shed.

I remained visible but invisible to the beasts of the water..
Or do the beasts also show mercy?

Another rhetorical question added to the piles in my life.

As the story goes, I know not how I ended up here, but I’ll never  give up thinking about my way back.

Impossibilities don’t bother me, but possibilities get me anxious.

To me years feel like months, months like days, days like hours, and hours like seconds, so why bother about time?

I have gotten no love but from the elements and the aqua,
I go with the flow of the waves that I’m answerable to.

How amazing... that I am “A slave of the sea”.

Poem by: Adeyemi Adeyinka.. 7ee87d84.

Twitter:@d_chaotic

No comments:

Post a Comment