-->

Kanye West says he's "definitely" running for US President

Kanye West has said he's serious about running for US president in 2020.

The 38-year-old had revealed his ambitions for the White House during a rambling speech at MTV's Video Music Awards last month – but most had written off his remarks as a joke.

Yet in an interview with Vanity Fair magazine, the US rapper insisted his plans are no laughing matter and he would "definitely" go ahead with them.

"I sit in clubs and I'm like: 'Wow, I've got five years before I go and run for office and I've got a lot of research to do,'" West said.

However, the hip-hop artist has conceded he has "a lot of growing up to do" in the next five years before his candidacy.

West also believes that many people have overcome their initial shock at his plans – and are now positive about his prospective campaign for the Oval Office.

According to West, the typical voter thinks: 'We would really be into that, because actually if you think about it, he's extremely thoughtful.

'Every time he's ever gotten in trouble, he was really jumping in front of a bullet for someone else. He's probably the most honest celebrity that we have.'

The renowned performer – ranked this week as the world's seventh-highest paid hip-hop act by Forbes – has not yet announced which political party he would represent.

West also pointed out how his father has two masters degrees, while his late mother had a PhD and worked for civil rights groups.

"It's fun to be a rock star, and I'll never not be one I guess, but there'll be a point where I become my mother's child," he added.

(Sky News)

No comments:

Post a Comment